AL6 Light Aluminum Frame
Carbon Fork made from Hi-quality 30K Carbon
Extended Range Li-Ion 504 Wh Battery
Double Wall Rims with Big volume Schwalbe Super Moto-X Tires
Weight = 43.8 lbs
LIFETIME Warranty on Frame
Compare the 2020 Polygon Path E5 E-Bike with similar bikes:
2020 Polygon Path E5 E-Bike
Trek Allant + 8
Giant Explore E
Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0 Step through
GHOST Hybride Square Trekking B1.8 AL Electric Bike
Sourced on: 07/01/2020
Disclaimer: The price for the bikes above was sourced from the official brand website price on the date above mentioned. Bikes Online is not responsible for any price changes.
After successfully releasing the 1st Polygon’s pedelec (pedal electric bicycle) city bike last year, Polygon is releasing Path E5 ‘ an upgraded pedelec city bike supported with an electric pedal-assist system component starting to operate through rider’s pedaling power. With the help of the attached system, riders don’t need to pedal as hard as riding a conventional bike, but still doing a workout and enjoying the city scenery. Equipped with upgraded geometry and 27.5 x 2.4 inch sleek tires for better balance and stable riding for any urban rider or citizen starting to ride a bike for their daily commuting life. The Path E5’s requires less effort to brings you further and faster.
With so many options in the electric bike market, it’s reassuring to know you’re riding a Japanese engineered electric motor from Shimano.
How does Shimano Steps work?
The Shimano Steps system is built into the Polygon Path E5 bike with a removable battery on the downtube and a motor at the crankset/bottom bracket area. What makes this technology so innovative is the minimal size and weight it adds to your bike. At 5.7 lbs for the battery and 5.5 lbs for the motor, the Shimano Steps system keeps the bike nimble and easy to carry up steps or into an apartment.
Shimano’s lightest motor to date delivers a smooth yet powerful natural riding experience, capable of solidly handling all your daily activities. Weighs only 5.5 lb for a light feel and easy handling.
- Switch easily between power-assist options
- Up to 200% max support to effortlessly get you anywhere you need to go
- Virtually silent, compact drive unit, so all you notice is its expert support
- Natural riding feeling for pure comfort
- Built to be ridden in all weather conditions
Extended range Li-Ion battery lasts up to 115 mi, giving you the freedom to choose how long you want to ride.
- Supported travel up to 115 mi on one charge ‘Power-assist mode and capacity / travel distance are based on Shimano original test results using an175lb cyclist, riding at 14 mi/h on a flat road.’
- Quick charging time, so you’re swiftly back out the door
- It will take 2.5 hours to charge your battery up to 80% and for a complete charge, it takes 5 hours
- After 1000 charge cycles, the battery is still going strong
Low Profile Shimano STEPS E7000 Wireless Cycle Computer shows the various functions of the STEPS E-BIKE system.
- BOOST, TRAIL, ECO, OFF, WALK modes
- Customize through E-TUBE PROJECT application with smartphone and tablet
How the Bike is Delivered to You
Your bike will arrive in a custom Bikes Online bike guard box as described in the video below.